Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lovin the Lindy's Linky!!!

Hey Everyone!

Today is a blessed day...I have Lindy's products!!! I can play to my hearts content. This IS true to some extent but I do have two swaps to get out very soon and I also have another project that has a deadline coming up. Now don't get me wrong, I love doing those things or I wouldn't do them, but I've gotten so much Lindy's in I just wanna play!!!! Then, I also have to contend with this bum arm for 6-8 weeks and THAT is a bummer for a crafter, I'm sure you all know. So, I tried VERY hard to incorporate my Lindy's into the packaging of my current swap and I think I did a pretty good job at it.  =) I wanted to enter something into the Lindy's Linky so this is my entry for now...

This is Misty's swap from MB's Treasurista, via LSH and it's a Spring Lace and Trim Swap. I had a lot of fun putting this together and included a few extra goodies for the girls and I'm hoping they like them. Below is a pic of the swap contents (not the extras!) and an example of one of the fronts of the packaging and the back of the packaging.

I sprayed the black cardstock topper that I cut with one of Tim Holtz's On The Edge Dies in my Vagabond, with Lindy's Glitz Spritz in Royal Peacock Fire and then just spritzed a tiny bit of Jack in the Pulpit Staburst Stain on it and blotted it, drying each coat in between colors.  I then ironed them. After that, I  heat embossed them on the front with a fleur de lis stamp from Stampabilities with Lindy's EP Midnight Bronze Obsidian. On the back, I embossed it with a speckle stamp from All Night Media and heat embossed that with Lindy's EP in Silver Moon Turquoise.

The flowers I made with torn strips of muslin and just made regular rolled flowers. On the bigger flower, I colored the muslin with Lindy's Starburst Stain in Mountain Lavender Gold then made the flower. Then I sprayed the flower with Lindy's Glitz Spritz in Desert Moon Blazing Sun. I then used a shorter piece of muslin to make the top flower coloring it with Lindy's Starburst Stain in Frosted Purple Iris. I attached the smaller flower to the bigger one with hot glue and then using a paint brush I dabbed the larger flower with small droplets of Lindy's Starburst Stain in Saxifrage Olive Copper. I then took 3 small roses on wire and painted them with Lindy's Starburst Stain in Frosted Purple Iris and then sprinkled them with Lindy's EP in Imperial Crown Purple Gold and heat embossed the roses. I cut the wires off with wire cutters and hot glued them to the top of the smaller flower.

On the smaller yellow flower, I colored the muslin with Lindy's Starburst Stain in California Poppy Gold and made the flower. I then took one small rose and painted it with Lindy's Royal Peacock Fire Glitz Spritz and then heat embossed it with Lindy's EP in Venus Violet Blue. I cut the wire off of the rose and hot glued it to the center of the small yellow flower.

The flowers are really fun and easy to make and can be make out of a variety of fabrics! I hope all of you enjoy looking at this and I hope my swap groupies love their lace, trim and other goodies.

Have a wonderful and productive crafty day!
The Distressed Crafter


  1. Beautiful!!! Sister!!! To bad I'm not in your group hehe!! I love you and hope your arm gets better fast!!! Good thing you have the vagabond and don't have to crank the cuttle bug :)!! I love all the lindy's you used, I think you have more then me lol!!! BIG HUGS♥♥♥